Interactive Voice Response (IVR) menu
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) menus allow callers to interact
with a phone system via their phone’s keypad. For example, Press 1
for Sales, press 2 for Support and press 3 to leave a voicemail.”
In this article we cover:
- What is IVR
- How can IVR help my business?
- How does it work?
- How to enable IVR with MightyCall
What is IVR?
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is designed to:
- Greet callers
- Deliver necessary information
- Forward calls to the appropriate extension
- Take human error out of the system
How can that help business?
IVR systems for small business help make sure calls coming in to
your company get routed fast and efficiently, often without even
needing a receptionist (or fewer than you otherwise would).
The systems aren’t just cold, lifeless robots either, as you can
upload your own personal greetings to show your company’s
personality and relay important info. This efficiency will give you
a professional look and your customers a better calling experience.
How does it work?
The information playback menu starts the call (Press 1 for Sales,
Press 2 for Support, etc.), and then forwards it to the proper
destination using a routing system.
Most IVR systems designed for small business also contain a
dial-by-name directory. This allows a caller to dial the first
name, last name, or full name of the person they need and the
system will automatically forward the call there.
If a call goes to a group, the Automated Call Distribution
determines who gets the call first using 1 of 4 distribution
methods (which you can select and change at any time).
Running multiple auto-attendants on an IVR system will allow you to
handle things like:
- Business vs non-business hours
- Regular vs VIP clients
- Using multiple phone numbers
How to enable IVR with MightyCall
- Go to Call Flows.”
- Click on the Actions” block.
- Select Enable Voice Menu.”
- Record your own greeting for voice menu and a media prompt for an
- Select the desired actions for numbers 0 up to 9.
- Select an action should a timeout occur (if a caller does nothing
for a long time).
- Save changes.
What customers say about MightyCall